Yesterday was Demo Day: the culmination of a summer of hard work and learning by the Excelerate 2012 class. They presented flawless pitches to a room filled with over 500 investors, entrepreneurs, and press. You can read about it on Inc, GigaOM, FastCompany, and many others later today.
Excelerate companies have raised over $25 million in total and have had two successful exits in just three years. So what do these pitches look like, and how can the community get involved?
This year we are throwing the doors open to the startup community and presenting an Excelerate Labs Community Showcase. Companies will present their pitches from Demo Day to the community, emphasizing their experience throughout the summer and opportunities to get involved.
You should attend if:
1) You are an entrepreneur and you are curious what top pitches look like
2) You want to be an entrepreneur but are just starting to learn what that means
3) You want to work at an amazing early stage startup and are wondering what opportunities are available
4) You want to support the Chicago startup community
5) You’d like to learn about new technologies and concepts coming out of our great city
REGISTER NOW: The Community Demo Day will be held at the UP Comedy Club at Second City on September 18th. There are a limited number of seats available so make sure to get yours today.